For all you whole foodies out there looking for a guilt free pre or post work out treat then look no further than superfood protein balls. Created by our very own talented Mikaela Bell, these tasty little guys will keep you satisfied without the guilt of eating food packed with processed goods.
They are super easy and simple to make. All you need is simple wholefood ingredients, little bit of time and love.
These babies are raw and require no baking time, which mean no waiting around!
All the wholefood ingredients can be found in the bulk food pantry at The Farm Wholefoods and the beauty of that is you can just scoop out the quantities you need.
What to put in your basket?
- 4 Tablespoons of flaxseeds or LSA
- 1 Tablespoon of Chia seeds
- 5 Tablespoons blanched almond meal
- 2 Tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or any other sweetener of your choice.
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 Tablespoons goji berries
- Extra cacao powder for dusting
Lets get started…
- Add all your dry ingredients into a food processor ( a nutri bullet would work fine too) and blitz away until all crumbly.
- Add maple syrup or sweetener to mixture
- Blitz until moist and combined like a dough
- Add more sweetener if needed
Now its time to get your hands dirty…
- Divide the mixture into teaspoon sized parts and roll into balls with your hands
- Pop in the fridge for half an hour
These will keep for around a week refrigerated however if you’re like us they never last that long.
Mikaela Bell is The Farm Wholefoods resident food expert who is responsible for making all of our food creations looking amazing. Her talents in food presentation are exception, making for popular Instagram and social media posts. Come by and say hi.